At the Parker Sinus Center, we follow the established clinical guidelines for treating sinusitis. Our first line of treatment is medical therapy—which may include a range of medications designed to address your particular illness and symptoms.
Depending on your needs, Dr. Parker may recommend:
- Nasal steroids for treatment of sinusitis
- Nasal steroid sprays can decrease the swelling in the mucous membrane lining of the sinuses, which can help temporarily relieve symptoms. Some of our patients are reluctant to take medications containing steroids. Steroids can have side effects when taken over a longer period of time. You can find out more about steroid sprays in the package insert, or discuss possible side effects during your visit with Dr. Parker.
- Antibiotics and sinusitis
- If sinus inflammation has led to the development of a bacterial infection, we may prescribe antibiotics to deal with symptoms related to that infection.
- Decongestant nasal drops
- Decongestant nose drops or nasal sprays aim to soothe the mucous membranes and reduce swelling. This may make it easier to breathe through your nose.
When Medical Therapy Fails—Advanced Treatment Options at the Parker Sinus Center in Shreveport
At the Parker Sinus Center we see many patients who suffer from chronic or recurrent acute sinusitis for whom medical therapy fails or only provides temporary relief. For these patients, we have developed expertise in more advanced treatment options, including: